Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I've been tagged

Pain Spectrum -high red
BM/RD Index - 12
Fuzz meter - 6


So, this guy I know just meme'd me. And then teased me for not responding. Piffle that!

Rules:
The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about himself or herself. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

This only works if you know fellow bloggers. I do not. Game ends here, folks. (If anyone wants to put their blog site in comments, I'll link up!)

Ten Years Ago:
K and I had moved back from Ukraine and were living in my parents house (no kidding). The Asian economies had collapsed; Russia was about to follow suit. Chances of a newly minted LSE grad specializing in Post-Soviet transitional economics finding a job? Not much. So ten years ago I was making a transition to the banking world. I eventually wound up in in High Yield Research - formerly known as Junk Bonds.

Five Things on Today’s “To Do” List
There is the list I made last night -
1. Housework (gardening, laundry, bills, Dr. appointments - usual stuff);
2. Go buy canvases for a painting project I'm working on;
3. Continue research for landing an agent ;
4. Continue work on my father-in-law's memoirs;
5. Rest.
And the list as of this morning, when I woke up feeling like crap and then saw that it was raining:
1. Read;
2. Rest;
3. Continue work on my father-in-law's memoirs;
4. Rest;
5. Rest.

Things I’d Do If I Were a Billionaire
1. Sink a lot of money into medical research;
2. Publish all the books that my friends write (This is directly stolen from Bill, and why not? It's a fabulous idea!);
3. Set up scholarships for disabled children;
4. Set up a foundation to promote new media outlets for disenfranchised communities;
5. Buy a cottage somewhere near the sea.

Three Bad Habits
I think I'll low-ball this one:
Bite my nails;
Say "sorry" too much;
Lose my temper too much.

Five Places I’ve Lived
Northport, NY (That's on Long Island, people); New York, NY; Kiev, Ukraine, London, UK. So I have only lived in four places, but I think that two of them - NYC and London - should count double. I have lived in both places multiple times and in various states of mind.

Five Jobs I’ve Had
1. Camp counsellor;
2. Beach manager (not nearly as much fun as Baywatch. And I never liked Baywatch.);
3. Business manager for a Ukrainian newspaper;
4. High Yield Research Analyst;
5. Writer (not paid, but its still the thing that gets me up most mornings. Counts for me!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home