Monday, April 07, 2008

Rest Day

Pain Spectrum - med-high red
BM/RD Index - 18
Fuzz meter - 7

I managed to do so many nice things this weekend. I bought a bunch of paint and supplies for a new project I'm working on. Helped my folks pick out things for their new house. Saw a matinee of "Sunday In The Park With George" - one of my favorite musicals ever. Spent the evening with my brother and my folks and the hubby. Watched an extremely silly movie on the telly. So perhaps today I am in more pain and spasming a bunch. It is a dank, rainy day in NYC; I would be feeling crappy regardless. This - how I feel today - is not about suffering the consequences. That makes all the good things I was able to do this weekend seem somehow negative. There is no price to be paid. This is simply the way my life is. So I will adapt today to fit how I feel as best I can. No galavanting about town today (full disclosure: I more galump than galavant). No cleaning the house. Instead, I will try and get some reading done. If I am really feeling ambitious, I'll start the laundry. And I'll write this little post. It might not be about much, but on a day like today, I'm happy to see that I can get any thought down coherently. An early day accomplishment! Who knows what the rest of the day may bring? I'm going to go tackle that laundry...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the attitude here: don't tell yourself that pain is the price for a busy and enjoyable weekend. A lot of us would benefit from keeping those issues separate!

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home