Monday, November 20, 2006

Creepy crawlies

Pain Spectrum - yellow spikes
BM/RD Index - 14
Fuzz meter - 6

K and I (mostly K) spent this last week dealing with some bugs that got into our home system. Everything is fine now (my writing files are safe), but K had to wipe everything and re-format. Thank goodness we had just performed a back-up. And for those of you interested, yes, we were running an anti-virus program - the bugs got in anyway. In fact, one of the programs they attacked was Norton itself. It was sobering to realize how much I depend on this machine, not just for interactive chit-chat and current events, but for basic sundries like food shopping and contact information. I don’t even have my family cell-phone numbers memorized anymore: not good considering that I was hysterical until K reassured me that the book was indeed safe, even if I couldn’t access it to double-check. Ugh. I hate bugs.

On a much better note, my K and I are going on a road trip! We are Washington D.C. bound until Sunday, to partake in some serious gluttony, arts-wise. We hope to visit the The Kreeger Museum; the Société Anonyme exhibit at The Phillips Collection; the Corcoran Gallery’s exhibit on modern and contempory art, redefined; and the Joseph Cornell exhibit at the newly re-opened Smithonian Museum of American Art. This will be the first time that the pain-patches are truly tested. I will let you know how it goes. Until then, Happy T-day to all who celebrate!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I'm going to rush home right now and back everything up. What would I do if I lost everything? I suppose, I would start again, but oh would I hate to start everything all over again!

I'm so very excited to hear about your trip to DC. I just got back from Orlando. It was a business trip, but it was good to get away nevertheless.

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home