Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Rest Day

Pain Spectrum – red
BM/RD Index – 10
Fuzz meter – 8

It is raining hard in NYC. I am tired and I hurt and my arm is on fire again. But you know what? That’s okay. My K and I managed to have a beautiful three days of rest and wanderings around our fair city. We had a wonderful 4th, with family and friends and a rooftop BBQ. I physically conked out mid-way through the evening but it didn’t matter because everyone else picked up the slack, even our friends of friends who really didn’t have to. And for once, I didn’t even mind. Yes, I was hurting and I was tired. But I didn’t feel like faking and I didn’t want to run away. So I stayed and sat and had a great time. It is always good for me to remember that, as much as I struggle against the pain, I have to struggle against my attitude towards it as well. All too often I forget that there is nothing for me to be ashamed of; that there is no need for me to be embarrassed by the fact that I am ill. Yesterday, I remembered. That’s got to be worth something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home