Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Tactical Shift

Pain Spectrum – Low red. It has been a busy few weeks
BM/RD Index – 15
Fuzz meter – 4

Sorry to have been away for so long. My K and I had a busy (but wonderful!) few weeks, filled with family events. Two lessons learned: it is possible to do a lot if you rest a lot, and delegate, delegate, delegate.

Neither of these things comes naturally to me. My K calls me the energizer bunny – I always push myself to go and go because I know that I am usually worthless when I finally stop. But we had A LOT of stuff going on these last ten days, more than I’ve had to tackle, really, since the car accident, and there was no way I was going to be able to pull it off without some serious revision in my plan o’ attack. So I forced myself to rest. I excused myself often to take naps, and acknowledged that I was not up to most of the day trips. When we had guests over, I let my SCBFs do the bulk of the shopping, the prep work, and the clean up, while I mostly sat in one place and let our guests come to me. It all felt rather Grande Dame-ish, but shockingly, I am actually out of bed and feeling relatively okay. Hmmm – I don’t know if the Energizer Bunny is a good nickname any more – but don’t anyone start calling me Auntie Mame just yet, please.

So, to all you Chronics out there - how do you handle regulating your pain and the resulting exhaustion come crunch time?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

some lessons can be harder to learn than others. but the hard usually have the greatest impact in the end.

it sounds like you don't have a huge margin of error. so energy conservation is particularly important in your case. recognizing your hangups and removing obstacles to efficient function and conservations sounds like a winning combination to me.

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home